PREVALENCE PREVALENCE OF DIFFERENT DISEASES BASED ON HISTOPATHOLOGICAL FEATURES IN BIOPSIES FROM DISEASED PATIENTS IN MALAKAND DIVISION, KHYBER PAKHTUNKHWA
Main Article Content
Introduction: The main objective of this study was to estimate the prevalence of different diseases based on histopathological features in biopsies from Patients in Swat, Malakand Division, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Microscopy often puts in a lot of information and it is for this reason that it is more and more performed especially in patients undergoing surgery for various problems relieved with surgical excision and also in cases of diagnostic uncertainty.
Method: About 73 biopsies, as received sequentially in Anwar Clinical Laboratory Swat from 07 January 2019 to 10 April 2019, from different patients who had visited different Specialty Clinics in Public and Private Hospitals of Saidu Sharif Swat, were reviewed. All the biopsies were reported by the pathologist and histopathological results were analyzed with statistical methods.
Results: The highest prevalence rate was from diseases belonging to Female Reproductive System which was 23 %. The prevalence of GIT and dental diseases was 19% each, prevalence of skin diseases was 18%, prevalence of diseases from Breast and Lymph Nodes was 07% each, prevalence of Male Reproductive System was 4% and prevalence of Thyroid diseases was 3%. Total carcinoma cases found were 05 with a prevalence rate of (5/73x100= 6.89) or 07%. The mean age of affected patients was 35.43 (SD: 19.21) with a peak prevalence in the group between 20 and 39 years. Prevalence gradually decreased after age 40 with a slight surge between 60 and 75 years.
Conclusion: The study concluded that the prevalence of different diseases is low in male as compared to female with one unusual behavior noted and that is all carcinoma patients are from the male category.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
All articles published in the Journal of Medical Sciences (JMS) are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC-BY 4.0). Under the CC BY 4.0 license, author(s) retain the ownership of the copyright publishing rights without restrictions for their content, and allow others to copy, use, print, share, modify, and distribute the content of the article even for commercial purposes as long as the original authors and the journal are properly cited. No permission is required from the author/s or the publishers for this purpose. Appropriate attribution can be provided by simply citing the original article. The corresponding author has the right to grant on behalf of all authors, a worldwide license to JMS and its licensees in all forms, formats, and media (whether known now or created in the future), The corresponding author must certify and warrant the authorship and proprietorship and should declare that he/she has not granted or assigned any of the article’s rights to any other person or body.
The corresponding author must compensate the journal for any costs, expenses, or damages that the JMS may incur as a result of any breach of these warranties including any intentional or unintentional errors, omissions, copyright issues, or plagiarism. The editorial office must be notified upon submission if an article contains materials like text, pictures, tables, or graphs from other copyrighted sources. The JMS reserves the right to remove any images, figures, tables, or other content, from any article, whether before or after publication, if concerns are raised about copyright, license, or permissions and the authors are unable to provide documentation confirming that appropriate permissions were obtained for publication of the content in question.